New Delhi: Prime minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday trained guns on Congress, unleashing a scathing attack on the oldest political party in the country.
Top six quotes
• You (Congress) divided India. Even after 70 years of Independence, 125 crore people of India continue to suffer because of the poison you sowed. Not a single day passes when people of India are not punished for your sins
• For decades, one party devoted all their energies to serve one family. The interests of the nation were over looked just for the interests of one family
• Congress keeps telling the nation that India got democracy due to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and their party. Is this your reading of India's history? What arrogance is this?
• India did not get democracy due to Nehru, please look at our rich history where there are many examples of rich democratic traditions that date back centuries ago.
• The non-performing assets (NPA) is your sin. I am telling this in the temple of democracy. After our government came to power, we have not given a single loan which turned into a NP
• Modi accused the Congress of "hit-and-run politics" and said "the more you throw mud, the more lotus (BJP's election symbol) will bloom".