Two Thrissur children die after blast in bedroom

Two children die after blast in bedroom
Danphelix and his younger sister Selesmia died in a blast that occurred in the bedroom of their house.

Vadakkanchery: A 10-year-old boy and his two-year-old sister died in a blast that occurred in the bedroom of their house at Malakka village in Thekkukmara panchayat of Thrissur district Thursday night. The explosion around 10.30 pm shocked the village. It is suspected either an inverter kept in the room or a gas cylinder could have exploded.

The sleeping children were consumed by flames before they could be rescued. They were found charred to death in their beds.

The deceased are Danphelix and his younger sister Selesmia.

Their father Danters, 47, mother Bindu, 35, and Selesnia, 12, the eldest child have sustained burns. Bindu's burns are reportedly serious. They were rushed to the Aster Medicity in Kochi.

The police have summoned the gas company officials after it was suspected that an LPG leak could have caused the blast. One of their neighbours, however, said that he did not hear any loud noise. He said he had passed the house around 10 minutes before the incident.

Read more: Latest Kerala news

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.