Thiruvananthapuram: The Pinarayi Vijayan-led LDF government on Thursday earmarked Rs 739 crore for Sabarimala, the pilgrim centre which witnessed unprecedented protests after the Supreme Court allowed women of all age groups to enter the hill shrine last year.
During his 10th budget presentation, Finance minister Thomas Isaac said that the government, which had suffered backlash over the row, did not even take a single rupee from the Sabarimala revenue.
The Travancore Devaswom Board, which manages the hill shrine, was allotted Rs 100 core.
• Rs 739 crore for development of Sabarimala
• Rs 100 crore for Travancore Devaswom Board
• Rs 200 crore for construction of new roads
• Rs 25 crore for Sabarimala masterplan
• Rs 147.75 crore for infrastructure development in Pamba and Nilakkal
• Rs 36 crore for Cochin, Malabar Devaswom Boards
• Rs 40 crore allotted for sewage treatment plant in Pamba
• New parking facilities at Pamba and Nilakkal
Read more: Latest Kerala Budget news