3-year-old's head gets stuck in a pot

3-year-old's head gets stuck in a pot
Bian with fire force officials. Photo: Manorama
SHARE

Piravam: World turned topsy-turvy for a three-and-a-half-year-old for a few minutes when his head got stuck in a pot while playing in the courtyard of his house.

After several failed attempts by the boy's mother and neighbours, the boy was taken to the fire station where the personnel cut the aluminium pot open to rescue the child.

Bian, son of Abraham and Jiji, was playing in the courtyard at 9 am when his head got stuck in the pot. The cries of the boy alerted Jiji who came running to find the boy in a precarious situation.

Jiji tried to take the pot out but failed because the mouth of the vessel was too narrow, following which neighbours and other locals too gave it a shot but did not succeed. By then Bian got scared and started showing symptoms of choking.

Meanwhile, a local resident, Jojin, who was passing by the place on his bike, took the child to the fire station.

Initially, station in-charge T K Ashokan and his team comforted the child and then, firemen K C Jijimon and M D Sudheerkumar, with the help of cutters and scissors, cut the mouth of the pot and freed the child after nearly 15 minutes of terror.

MORE IN ERNAKULAM
SHOW MORE
The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.