Alappuzha: The family of an 11-year-old boy is seeking financial help for his treatment as the child was taken ill after wrong medicine was administered for fever.
Deepak, son of J K Devarajan and Remaneshwary, was given wrong medication in a hospital when he was 15 months old following which his brain started to shrink. Now, the boy has infection in blood due to low sodium level.
Devarajan, who is a daily-wage labourer, has to shell out Rs 700 in a day for his son’s treatment which is out of his means, and the family is also weighed down by debt, including bank loans. Deepak has a sister studying in Class IX.
The family is pinning hopes on the advice of doctors to give immediate treatment to Deepak at a private hospital in Kochi. Those who are willing to lend a helping hand can deposit money in Devarajan’s Avalukunnu SBI branch account.
Account number: 67122900835.
IFC code: SBINOO70583.