Aren't Kia and Hyundai the same company? Then why buy a Kia car? Isn't Hyundai itself good? This article is an answer to such doubts.
Both Kia and Hyundai have the same parent company and many of their comparable models share the same platforms. This itself is the advantage of Kia. Kia too can stake claim to the trust and quality that Hyundai have acquired in India over the years.
Kia is different
Despite the crossover, Kia is a different breed. Though the word Kia means 'from Asia', the name became global when it ventured into Europe. No wonder, Kia cars are European in build quality, design and performance.
The Pope's Kia
When the Pope visited Seoul in 2014, the small car Kia Soul was the Popemobile. Kia Carnival also became part of Popemobile during the visit.
Key is design
Kia conquered the world with its hottest designs. Kia's strategy to pick top designers from well-known German carmakers delivered great results. No wonder youth vouch for Kia cars in Europe, the US and even in the Gulf. Kia means more luxury for less money.
Kia is now entering the Indian market. Two years ago, those who saw the Kia pavilion at the New Delhi auto expo were quite impressed with cars on display.
Kia will make entry with SUV Seltos. It is definitely a stunning looker loaded with features.
5 reasons to buy Seltos
1. Design excellence: The car is a true beauty. The grille, headlamps and ice cube-like fog lamps are all unique. The large wheel arches on the sides, the colourful rub rails, and a completely modern rear give the Seltos the stance of a big SUV. It would be difficult to see such great alloy wheels anywhere else.
2. Super premium: The excellence is not confined to design. The interiors too are premium. The rear seats are two-step reclining with 60:40 split and adjustable rear centre headrest. The SUV is loaded with all the features, including a sunroof, usually seen in premium cars.
3. Bose speakers. If you want an eight-speaker Bose music system in your car, you need not buy a luxury SUV that costs crores. Seltos has them. It also gets an eight-inch head-up display, a 360-degree around-view camera, segment-first sound mood lights and tyre pressure monitor. The connected car technology helps you switch on the AC from outside and other several smart features.
4. Sporty engine; sporty automatic: No vehicle in the segment has a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine and dual clutch DCT gearbox. The GT line will be performance-oriented variant. The Tech line models get 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Safety features include six airbags and all-wheel disc brakes.
5. Price & service: Seltos is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 17 lakh, a lower price tag for such a well-equipped car. Kia is sure to set new benchmarks in after-sales service; it has selected top dealerships in Kerala that have proved their mettle.