Who doesn’t know all it takes to instantly boost your mood is a cup of Joe. But did you know this antioxidant-packed multitasker can also help improve your skin?
Here, we list out eight ways to incorporate coffee into your beauty routine that even a tea drinker could love. And by the way, learning your beloved java’s beauty benefits can actually make brushing off the coffee haters easier than ever.
1. A coffee brew not only gets you kicking in the morning but is also one of the healthiest natural ingredients to keep your skin glowing whether it's in the form of beans, liquid or ground coffee.
2. Exfoliating and brightening properties of coffee make it a popular ingredient in many beauty and wellness products for both men and women. Caffeine extracts help rejuvenate skin in addition to repairing UV damage.
3. The antioxidants in coffee help combat UV damage to your skin and are good for the overall health of your skin, giving it a rich glow.
4. Ground coffee beans can be used to prepare a homemade body scrub (can be mixed with honey). Since coffee is a gentler exfoliating agent than peach or walnut, the scrub removes dead skin without irritation in addition to moisturizing your skin.
5. Eye-puffiness or eye bags can be easily cured at home using coffee. Coffee ice cubes can be gently rubbed under your eyes for a soothing effect reducing puffiness or redness around the eyes.
6. Facial exfoliation
Mix three spoons of any kind of plant oil (almond oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, etc.) with three spoons of ground coffee. Apply in circular motions on the skin. Rinse off with lukewarm water. This scrub can make your skin soft and supple. For better results, add a squeezed half of avocado.
7. The coffee eye mask to fight tired eyes and dark circles.
Mix five teaspoons of warm ground coffee, one teaspoon honey and one teaspoon olives together into a balm. Add some more honey if necessary. Put on closed eyes and let it rest for 30 minutes. Remove with lukewarm water. Lukewarm coffee pads are a simpler alternative.