Don't have time for an intensive skin care regime? Well, you can still pamper yourself by acting the basics. And guess what, good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems.
Get started with these simple, no-nonsense tips.
• Cleanse your face with natural rose water or aroma water of lavender or chamomile. One drop in a bowl of water is enough.
• For a healthy glowing skin, use a papaya face pack. Take one papaya, one banana and two tablespoons of honey. Mash the papaya and banana well, mix it with honey, and apply this paste to your skin to prevent dryness.
• Aloe vera juice or extract is also a good option.
• Scrub your face with oatmeal powder mixed with almond, orange peel powder and half drop of sandalwood or frankincense oil.
• Milk and almond face pack is helpful for cracked skin. Take two tablespoons of raw milk and one tablespoon of almond powder. Mix them well and put the paste on your face, massage gently.
• In winter, glycerin plays an important role in damaging the skin. Wash your face with water. Do not use a towel to dry your face, leave it slightly wet. Take a cotton ball, dip it in glycerin and apply it on your face.
• Petroleum jelly is commonly used in winter to help keep the skin moisturized. Apply petroleum jelly all over the body; massage it for about two minutes. It will help in absorbing the moisture into your skin.
• You can also try an olive oil and egg yolk mixture. Take two eggs and three to four drops of olive oil, mix it well. Apply the mixture to your face and keep it on for 20 minutes.
• For dry skin, virgin coconut oil is helpful. Apply coconut oil to the damaged skin and massage it until the stickiness vanishes. Do not wash off the oil until your next bath.
(With agency inputs)