Relief may be on the horizon for girls who don’t want to deck themselves with heavy jewelry and makeup on their big day as another wedding season rolls around this December: the traditional bridal look seems to be falling out of fashion.
And smart brides don’t want to splurge beyond their means for wedding purchases. So, instead of expensive gold and diamond jewelry, they invest in statement earrings and lightweight outfits.
Here, Onmanorama Women shares with you nine highlights from a practical bride’s style book.
1. Tennis bracelets, statement earrings and distinct cocktail rings are hot this season.
2. Soft fabrics and trendy outfits are high on fashion. For functions like cocktails, sangeet and reception, brides can wear western cut gowns or draped gowns.
3. Simple, modern and clean designs are being sought after as they are much lighter than the traditional heavy jewelry.
4. Hues of peach, pink, blue and green are the color palate to explore in terms of jewelry.
5. Bold statement earrings, featuring some of the new color stones coupled with rose cuts and set in rose gold is the latest trend.
6. As for bridal outfits, shades of red, aubergine and maroon in fabrics like velvet, silk, and satin are making a comeback.
7. Elaborate cuffs on the wrist and a pair of gorgeous earrings can alone do the trick, if matched well, with either a gown or a sari.
8. Experiment with your outfits' cuts and silhouettes and add some elements of hand work to give an edge in the outfit.
9. Fusion wear is also a hit in bridal fashion now. Try different pairing like heavy dupattas with pants and unconventional blouses.