Women may have finally broken through the glass ceiling to join their male counterparts in the boardroom but when it comes to thermal comfort in office spaces, they are yet to come out of the 'cold'. Because the air-conditioning units in our workplaces are still very sexist and are adjusted according to the metabolic rates of men.
Sure enough, women are forced to bundle up in jumpers, cardigans, and over-sized sweatshirts to prevent themselves from freezing into popsicles, although they have to compromise on style. Here, Onmanorma Women offers some stylish tips for staying warm at chilly workplaces.
1. Experiment with plaid coats and different drapes of your pashmina shawls.
2. Throw a pashmina shawl with the denims. A light colored pashmina shawl not only works as a shield to protect oneself from the chilly weather but also looks luxurious and classy.
3. Mufflers are fantastically versatile and can add a dash of glamour to the simplest of attires. Whether you are wearing a jacket or a cardigan, wrap a muffler and upturn your style quotient. It's a good idea to flaunt a check or plaid mufflers with a solid jacket or cardigan. If wearing prints, solid colored mufflers can look super trendy.
4. To make your jackets more stylish, opt for a quirky and fun pocket square. It can reflect the mood or personality of the bearer as well as the weather or season.
5. Plaid coats are a classic wardrobe essential. Everyone who swears by the simpler, solid colored apparels should try a plaid coat at least once. It's interesting, yet elegant and is perfect for office.
6. Double breasted coats not only provide for more coverage but also look super dapper during winter. Be it a solid color like navy blue, black and grey or a knitted coat, it makes a long-lasting impact.
7. Bandhgalas are super versatile as it can be paired with almost everything. Be it a simple blue jeans or a kurta, it accentuates the overall look of a person. Bandhgalas in neutral colors is a must-have for this season.