Black pepper which is known as black gold is king not just among spices but also when it comes to preventing diseases. Its medicinal value is what makes black pepper the favourite dish of even foreigners. Herbal medicines are effective in treating cold and its accompanying uneasiness. It also aids in bringing about instant relief for many ailments:
1. When you feel indigestion, take two or three peppers, chew and swallow the juice. You can sense a feeling of relief.
2. For phlegm complaint, fever, cold, etc chew and swallow black pepper or take it mixed in coffee.
3. If you brush teeth using a mix of black pepper powder and salt, it reduces bad breath and removes yellow stain.
4. Drinking slightly warm water added with basil leaf and black pepper regularly will help provide relief to chronic cough.
5. Make this black gold a part of your daily diet to ease blood circulation and also to purge the body of toxins to some extent.
6. Mouth ulcers can be kept at bay by taking curry leaf and black pepper ground in buttermilk twice daily.
7. Include rasam, made with a tinge of black pepper, in your diet to seek relief from cold.