Riyadh: A Keralite student, Sreepathi Sandeep, has died of food poisoning here on Sunday.
Eighteen-year-old Sreepathi, whose mother Dr Reena is a cardiologist at the King Saud Medical Complex (Sumeshi) in Riayadh, was on a vacation in the Saudi capital after having completed his Plus Two studies at Indian Public School, Coimbatore.
He had severe headache and also vomited after having a hamburger and cold coffee from a fast food joint at a leading mall in Riyadh on Saturday night. Though Sreepathi was admitted to a hospital, he passed away in the wee hours of Sunday.
Dr Reena hails from Puthuppanam in Vatakara.
Sreepathi had studied at the Delhi Public School in Riyadh till tenth.
The teenager's relatives said that the body will be brought to Kerala.