1. Look your best: As a teacher, you are a role model to the students. Look your best – in terms of the attire you wear, the hairstyle you maintain, and of course the accessories you adorn.
2. Be organized: Students find it rather hard to cope with teachers who do not execute a plan perfectly. Prioritize and be systematic in the tasks you do. Your students will love you!
3. Seek help: You are a human being – not superwoman. Do not hesitate to seek help or advice from those who are a little more experienced in the field. You can even take a tip or two from your students. Trust me, sometimes students know more than their teachers do!
4. Learn to learn: Teaching is the best way to learn new things. Never fear learning or rather unlearning a topic. You are bound to become wiser and a better teacher in doing so.
5. Decorate the classroom: A lively classroom is a pleasure to be in. Students are more energetic and happy when the classroom appears vibrant. Decorate it and you would be your student's favorite.
6. Be patient: Teaching is an art. Like all jobs, it will drain you out. Especially, if you have a hyperactive group of children to deal with. Be patient and tactful. Else, you might want to consider being invisible!
7. Laugh out loud: A teacher with a cheery disposition wins the heart of her students almost instantly. Everybody wants their role model to be fun-loving. Crack a joke or two, and laugh out heartily.
8. Keep a diary/journal: Each day as a teacher is unique. Maintain a journal or a diary to keep a tab of your progress each day.
9. Socialize with other faculty members: You are a part of the institution. Hence, it is necessary for you to interact with those from various backgrounds. Socialize with other faculty members. You need friends too!