01. Clean the duck well and cut into eight pieces.
02. Finely chop the ingredients under 2 and mix it well with the ingredients under 3.
03. Now apply this mixture thoroughly on the duck pieces and marinate for an hour.
04. Then, add half a cup of water to the marinated duck pieces and cook till very soft.
05. Now remove only the duck pieces from the gravy and sieve the remaining gravy through a muslin cloth.
06. Now heat coconut oil and roast the duck pieces. Take care to see that it is not over done. Keep aside.
07. Heat the remaining oil and add the ingredients under 5, ground into a paste with vinegar. Sauté very well.
08. When the oil droplets appear at the sides, add the strained gravy, the fried onions and the roasted duck pieces and blend well. Keep covered on a low flame till well cooked. When the gravy thickens, remove the vessel from the fire. The duck roast is ready to serve!